Silly, isn't it? Love. You know, words can't describe it. Actions can't do it justice. No, we just have to trust it. Trust that feeling.
But that's tough now days. The more advanced the world gets, the more explanations people demand. And how do you expect to explain love? Who is truly foolish enough to ask such a question?
Modern society, I guess. Those who feel entitled to an answer for everything, I guess.
He asked me recently, "what's the difference? What's the difference between me and everyone else who you've seen? Everyone else you've opened up to- past friendship." And is stood shocked, dumbfounded and overwhelmed. My face , unexplainable. I managed to stumble over some words, come up with an answer I knew would suffice. I knew the true answer would scare him. The true answer scared me.
You see the true answer, required no explanation.
The true answer required three simple words, a feeling that could be worded no other way.
You see the true answer was I loved him.
But the trouble with love now days, is we think we can explain it. We think we can come up with better words. We think there's a softer, more cautious way of telling it. And that's where we are flawed. There's no other way to state it, no safe route, no 'simple' explanation.
There's just I . Love . You .
We're just not brave enough to state it.
Sincerely,
Laughing at love
No comments:
Post a Comment