Thank god for social media now days. Honestly. If it weren't for the internet I wouldn't have known that tonight was a total lunar eclipse. So shoutout to that.
I'm not sure what got me so excited about tonight's lunar eclipse, but suddenly it was 1am and I found myself feverishly moving my queen bed across my room so I could lay in bed and stare out the window.
And that's what I've been doing. For about 45 minutes now. Curled up in my heated blanket. Music softly playing in the background.
Im soaking up this moment.
You see, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a lunar eclipse. But if I have, I don't really remember it. That's the problems with memories, you can forget them if you don't appreciate them enough at the time. So I thought it important I replenish the memory, and really savor in this lunar eclipse.
Maybe I'll make a wish. Do you wish on a lunar eclipse? No? Ah well, I plan to.
How cool huh?
I can't think of a better, more literary, way to explain how much our world and all it's wonders amaze me.
No matter how old I get, I promise to keep pushing my bed to the window, staying up till too late, watching the moon. No matter how early my classes might be, no matter how early I may have to be to work, no matter how tired I may be. I'll stay up.
It's the little things like this that keep us young, all the little wonders screaming 'I'm still cool, don't grow too old or good for met yet'
A sliver of the moon is left, my computer screen has gone to sleep and the quiet music is left playing, so I think it's time I go back to my moon.
Yes, my moon. Because from my perfectly positioned bed, from my old Victorian windows, I've got my eyes set on the moon; making it mine.
I'll remember this lunar eclipse.
Sincerely,
Laughing with the moon
No comments:
Post a Comment