Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Poem For My Beloved

A Poem For My Beloved 


Poetry is a joke. 
You can format it however you want,
       and they'll call it 'literary'.
Well what's so literary about it.

       I don't believe in meter. 
       Why rhyme? 
I could just spew jibberish.
Cat. 

Poetry is a joke. 
Stanzas end.
Sentences start on one line 
        and end on another.
        How's this for art? 

Poetry is a joke. 
But you are like poetry to me. 

You are a joke. 
You toy with my life however you want.
         and I call it 'love'.
Well what's so loving about that.

       I don't believe in your words.
       Why try? 
You could just spew bullshit all day.
Integrity. 

Our relationship is a joke. 
Please just make it end. 
Start the week loving each other 
          and that ends on the next. 
          How's this for love?

Poetry is a joke. 
But you are like poetry to me. 






Sincerely, 
laughing at this 5 second creation 

No comments:

Post a Comment