Today I pose a new question to you all.
Normally I would ask you all to laugh at life's misfortunes in order to brighten your day, but now I ask you to help me understand, How do we laugh at life when our world is becoming so dark and messed up?
Wheres the bright side to all of this?
Or a better question, is there one?
Today the Boston Marathon experienced multiple explosions.
As of now, the injury count is twenty eight with six in serious condition. Two have already died.
Wheres the bright side in that?
School shootings.
Mall shootings.
Movie theater massacres.
The Twin Towers attacked by terrorists.
The list goes on.
Normally I would not be so down and out about life, but isn't it just exhausting sometimes? I feel every day I turn on the TV and theres a new tragedy. I can't be the only one who feels this way.
And It never gets any easier to swallow.
Whether you know a victim or not, it's sickening, plain and simple.
And whenever a new tragedy comes across the news, I always have the same question I wish to ask the culprit of these acts.
In a world that is so hard, in a world where are are ALL just trying to get by, in a world with so much struggle and hardship everywhere, why did you find the need to make it worse?
If you know how hard life can be, daily, no matter who you are, why would you ever add to the struggle that comes along with simply living?
In a video called 'Pep Talk from Kid President', Kid president says
" And if life is a game aren’t we all on the same team. I mean really, right? I’m on your team, you’re on my team. "
And that's so true these days, we are all on the same team. WHY can't we start acting like it.
Theres sick people in this world, but it seems lately that they just keep getting sicker.
Which leads me to the title of this post, Do we blame our countries security? Or should we start blaming mankind?
After the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary, our government started seriously considering gun laws.
But now with a bombing of sorts, what aspect of our countries security should we attack now?
Or why don't we quit blaming the government, and start blaming us.
Blaming mankind. Blaming people.
I'm no extremist, and I don't truly know what the government should do.
I more wish to point out that, isn't it really the people that we should fix?
Though that right now, seems impossible.
I guess my point with this rant is quite simple.
I don't truly have an answer to anything going on with the world now days. But I do believe one thing, that we need to cherish every single day we've got.
So often we see these events occur and we see life ripped from innocent people. It seems lately, theres no fixing some people in this world, that's a challenge I personally would never want to take on. What I do believe is that we can change ourselves.
And maybe someday, if enough people come to agree on peace and happiness, maybe the world will.
Theres no anecdote to our worlds problems and that's what makes them so hard to accept, but hopefully if we go on cherishing every moment we've got left, the events will continue to remind us how precious our lives are. Leading us to be saddened, but grateful.
We live in a sick sick world, full of sick minded people.
But that doesn't mean we've all got to join in.
Stick to being happy.
Stick to cherishing life.
Stick to praying for those experiencing hardship.
Stick to peace.
And no sick person can truly every win.
Sincerely,
Cherishing laughter & happiness even more every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment